How Can You Make Ozone Water at Home?
Ozone water is one of the best substances known to mankind. Ozone is composed of three atoms of oxygen, which is unstable and reacts readily with organic materials. When the water is ozonated, it can give pure, pathogens and chemicals free water. The ozone water is used topically as a healer agent for various skin applications such as scrapes, burns, bruises, surgery and dentistry. Ozone water can be easily prepared at home.
Several public utilities use ozone for treatment of dirty water. Water disinfection process is relatively environment friendly, produces less by-products and very effective in destruction of waterborne pathogens. Due to its health related properties, ozonated water can be easily prepared at home. To obtain maximum benefits of ozone water, it should be taken within minutes after the processing.
How to Make Ozone Water
Ozone water can be easily prepared at home following the listed steps -
- You will need a ozonator unit, air diffuser and a glass container.
- Switch on the ozonator unit and run the self test if this function is present in the unit.
- Cold water should be poured into a glass container.
- If two gallons of water is to be ozonated, plan for two hours of ozonation.
- Ozonator’s diffusing stone should be inserted into the container holding cold water and observe the bubbles.
- Tiny bubbles cloud will come out of the diffuser which shows the ozone is incorporated into water.
- Most of the ozone produced will pass through the water which has not absorbed ozone.
- Switch off the ozonator when the process is completed and also take out the diffusing stone.
- Never leave the ozonator running otherwise it will pump the ozone into the living room.
- Ozonated water should be consumed within ten minutes of the process for maximum benefit.
According to some studies, ozone water kills harmful bacteria, fungus and viruses. People who drink ozonated water have clear thinking and feel more energetic. It is, thus, also used for inhibiting skin surface infection and promotes faster healing.