Water

Facts of Water

Facts of water:

Listed below are the facts and characteristics Water (H2O) posesses:

  • Water is

    odorless and has no taste

    . It has a bluish hint of color in its deep layers.

  • At normal atmospheric pressure, water freezes. This point is known as

    freezing point

    (0 degree Celsius). It has a boiling point point of 100 degree Celsius. The maximum density of water is

    4 degree Celsius

    .

  • Water can remain in liquid state even if below the freezing point uto -25 degree Celsius. It would remain in liquid state if its not disturbed and the temperature is not raised further.
  • Water is used to define grams in the metric system.
  • It is the only substance on earth that occurs in 3 states, ie solid, liquid and gas.
  • Around 70% of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
  • 97% of the earth’s water is found in oceans. The rest 3% being on land.
  • Only 1% of the water on earth is available to drink. 2% of the water is frozen.
  • 50%-90% of the weight is covered by water in living organisms. Blood mostly contains water.
  • An adult human body consists of around

    70% of water

    in total.

  • The average rainfall in the world is 860cm.
  • You can survive a month without food. It is not even for 5-8 days without water.
  • Water is found since the age of dinosaurs. The water present at that point of time can be consumed even now.
  • An average urban home with 4.6 people uses around 640 litres of water per day.
  • A dripping tap is capable of wasting around

    60 litres per day

    .

  • Cooking pasta can take upto 2.5 litres of water. Washing the pot uses around 5 litres.
  • Indoor water: the bathroom uses around

    11 litres

    of water when flushed.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *